Garage Remodeling in South Bend
Serving Homes in Michiana, IN & Beyond!
There are a number of benefits to remodeling your garage, related to both the function of your home as well as the look and feel of it. In the South Bend and Michiana areas of Indiana, HM Remodeling knows that the colder months drive you indoors. What better way to endure the winter in your newly renovated and insulated garage?
Below are some of the services we offer for garage remodeling:
Sometimes the first thing to do for a more livable garage is make sure it is properly insulated. Many garages aren’t insulated, but this is what garages need for you to avoid freezing in winter and roasting in summer. The professionals at HM Remodeling of South Bend will gladly assess your garage and present you with all of your insulation options.
Deciding on flooring for your garage is one of the first ways to establish the function and feel you are going for.
There are essentially three ways to go:
- Concrete: Complete with grey paint and protective coating, this is ideal for an industrial setting, promoting a busy workbench.
- Hardwood: This is rare in garages but might be a great option if you expect your garage to get a lot of recreational use, as with a game room.
- Carpeting: This is also a great way to go to if you are looking to create another cozy living space. Carpeting will also help keep temperatures up during the cold seasons.
Replacing your old doors is the perfect way to polish off your garage remodeling project. New garage doors provide at least three immediate benefits to both use and appeal of your home:
- They add a new face to your entire home: New garage doors have the power to accentuate features of your home and change the way you feel pulling into your driveway.
- They can allow for easier use of the garage: Replacing your doors also means making sure the garage opening/closing system is properly installed and wired for years of easier access.
- They help control the atmosphere in your garage: With new doors comes reassurance that there are no cracks or missed spots where unwanted cold air can make its way into your garage.
Garage Remodeling | Frequently Asked Questions
Is remodeling my garage worth it?
Yes, remodeling your garage can be a great investment. Garage remodeling:
- Can help improve functionality,
- Is a great way to add a gym to your home,
- Can increase storage space, and
- Can help improve your home and increase its value.
Is it possible to add windows during my garage remodeling project?
Yes, adding windows to your garage is absolutely possible. And depending on what you’re upgrading your garage to, such as an office or gym, having some new windows can be a great addition.
What is one of the most important things to consider for my garage remodel?
We’d recommend planning for future storage space. It can be tough thinking several years down the road, however, it would be better to factor in for more storage than not have enough if you need it down the road. Overhead storage and adjustable storage racks are great ways to help prepare you for future storage needs.
No matter your plans for your garage, HM Remodeling of South Bend is the team that can make it happen and make sure it is done right. Contact one of our professionals today for a free estimate!